The Eucalyptus plant has over 700 known species. Its oil is regarded as one of the most powerful natural antiseptic oils. Eucalyptus Essential Oil has been used as medicine for centuries. It is most widely used for the treatment of colds, flu and other respiratory conditions. It is also used to relieve muscle aches and pains.
- Eucalyptus Globulus – The most commonly marketed eucalyptus essential oil
- Eucalyptus Citriodora – Lemon scented Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus Radiata – Has a softer aroma
- Eucalyptus Smithii – Gentle and more suitable for use with children
- Eucalyptus Staigeriana – Has a more balanced chemistry and regarded excellent for use to alleviate female issues. Gentle and good for use in the elderly and children.
Distilled from the leaves and twigs of the Eucalyptus
Potential Uses, Properties and Aromatherapy Benefits
- Eucalyptus Oil can increase circulation and clears the mind
- It can be uplifting
- It is used in the treatment of burns, blisters, cuts, herpes outbreaks and sores due to its strong antibacterial property. It also inhibits the growth of viruses
- Effective in treating headaches, asthma, sinusitis and chest congestion.
- Useful in blends used in treating head lice.
- Eucalyptus Essential oil is known to lower body temperature during fever attacks, bronchitis attacks, coughs and throat infections.
- Useful in diffusers and air sprays especially in outbreak of disease to reduce the incidence of infection i.e. chicken pox, measles etc. Also used in beeswax candles, it can help protect family members from the infection.
- Where used in air sprays , its antibacterial and antiviral properties can help prevent the spread of germs and diseases. To order a eucalyptus essential oil air spray contact Abela world via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eucalyptus oil properties help remove many stains from clothes, making it a good oil for use in laundry detergent.
Eucalyptus Essential oil blends well with:
Citrus Notes: Grapefruit, Lemongrass, Lemon
Herbal Notes: Rosemary, Thyme, Tea Tree, Cajuput, Peppermint
Floral Notes: Lavender, Chamomile, Geranium
Woody Notes: Cedar wood, Cypress, Juniper
Store in a tight glass, aluminum, or double lined container in a cool area away from direct heat or sunlight.
Where to Purchase
To buy eucalyptus essential oil, visit Abela World Online Store
- Eucalyptus oil can present allergic reactions and headaches in some people due to its strong scent
- The oil should not be used in children under the age of 6
- Not to be used in people with high blood pressure or epilepsy
A NOTE FROM ABELA WORLD: Essential oils are very potent substances and should be used under safety guidelines. All essential oils are advised to be used diluted and should not be ingested unless otherwise guided under the watch of a professional aroma-therapist, Ayurveda specialist or doctor. People who suffer from any medical condition should consult with their doctors to ensure the choice of essential oil used does not increase their risk or interfere with medications being taken.